500g Pork fillet
10mL Olive oil
2tsp Cajun or Tex Mex seasoning
200g Avocado, quartered, sliced
250g Cherry tomatoes, halved
50g Shallots, finely sliced
1 Lebanese Cucumber (130g), finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh Coriander, roughly chopped
1/2 Red onion
Leaves of 1 whole butter lettuce
Juice from 1 lime
10mL Extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Coat the pork fillet with olive oil and spice rub and leave covered in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to marinate.
2. Cook the pork over medium heat for 4 minutes, or until browned all over. Reduce the heat and cook a further 10 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
3. To make the salad, combine avocado, tomatoes, shallots, cucumber, coriander & red onion in a bowl.
4. Whisk together the lime juice and extra virgin olive oil to make the dressing, and pour over the avocado mix. Toss gently to coat.
5. Thinly slice the pork & serve on the lettuce with the avocado mixture. Drizzle with any resting pork juices & season with pepper.
MACROS (per serve):
337 Calories, 30g Protein, 4g Carbohydrates, 10g Fat