- 300g lean gluten free meat balls (beef, pork, or kangaroo work best)
- 200g sweet potato (can also be substituted for pumpkin)
- 200g carrot
- 160g baby spinach
- 2 tsp oil (avocado, macadamia, coconut)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
2. To prepare the ingredients, peel the sweet potato and carrots. Then, cut the sweet potato into 2 cm pieces and the carrots into 5 mm thick slices.
3. Toss the sweet potato and carrot in the oil and place in a single layer on a lined oven tray. Season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl or pot and mash with a potato masher until the desired consistency is reached.
4. Heat a dash of oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning, for 7-8 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Add the baby spinach to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes or until just wilted.
5. To serve, divide the mash between plates. Top with the meatballs and wilted spinach.